Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Filming Day 1

We finally started filming!!! Yesterday we began filming and I'm super happy that we did. We got all the props we needed and met up at Kylie's house to film all the scenes that take place in a house. We decided to film all the house scenes in one day and today we're going to film all the scenes at Starbucks, so we're filming backwards. I like that we're filming backwards because I know that's how actual movies and TV shows film so this is sort of giving us a taste of how it is in the actual industry. I'm the main actor in our film and that made me a little anxious because I've never been the main character in anything I've filmed before, but I think I did a pretty good job. I also helped with filming a couple shots so it was fun getting to do both of those things.




An issue that we had was that the battery to the camera died in the middle of filming so we had to charge it and wait a little while to start using it again. Once it was fully charged we went right back to filming.

A lot of our shots turned out really well and we incorporated a couple of unique angles into our film to show unease. I'm really excited to see how it looks once it's all finished. Filming with the doll was really interesting because there were a lot of scenes where I had to hold it and it was creepy but I know those scenes probably look really good. I think the doll really makes our film creepy and I hope viewers are creeped out by it.



Our end scene was really intense because we used a knife and we poured fake blood on a white shirt to make it seem like Kylie, or the girl who was kidnapped, got stabbed. I'm really happy we were able to get fake blood because it made the scene look very realistic. Joanne teased Kylie's hair to make it seem like she was actually kidnapped and Kylie wore the shirt with the blood on it. I liked that we had to have specific clothes for this scene because it gave us some experience with costume design.


No comments:

Post a Comment