Thursday, March 28, 2019

Website

Since my group and I haven't filmed yet, we decided to start on our website and begin the research for it. We focused on horror films websites and I found that most of them are very simple, but they have a lot of nice visuals to attract consumers. I also noticed how most of the websites have the same themes as the films. The website for the movie Us has a split screen that shows the main character and her doppelganger, which is the main plot for the film and it is also very visually pleasing. The drop down menu is very simple and the website focuses on videos and clips from the film. 

Another website I found that has an interesting website is the website for the horror movie Annabelle.
This website is super simple, probably because the film hasn't come out yet, but it's really cool because it's very interactive and makes the mouse a flashlight that you can move around the screen and it shows the doll, Annabelle. I think this is super creative and I like how creepy it is.The homepage of the website has a pop up for the trailer of the film to promote it, but the website doesn't have a drop down menu. 

After looking at these websites I think that our website should have an interactive feature for promotion and it should be very simple. I want to have a small drop down menu that has a tab for character descriptions, a tab for a summary of the film, a tab for pictures or short videos, and a tab to buy tickets. I noticed how all these websites have links to their other social media accounts, so I think that's something that we should also include in our website. I think our website should focus on the doll to enhance the creepiness of the film and I want the website to be visually appealing to attract audiences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment