Sunday, March 17, 2019

Rights for the song

Since I realized that I want to use the song Tonight You Belong To Me by Patience and Prudence, i've been trying to figure out how to get the rights to the song and I know it's a difficult process. I found this video, which sets out all the steps I need to follow.
First I need to figure out who owns the rights to the song and that's probably going to be hard because the song that I want to use has been remade and covered by so many people. It's a very old song so it has a lot of history and after looking at the song's Wikipedia page, I'm a little hazy on who I have to contact. I actually found out that the song was originally sung by a different artist, and Patience and Prudence re-recorded the song in the 1950's and that's when the song became popular. The song originally belonged to Banner Records, but the Patience and Prudence version was released by Liberty Records and that is now London Records. I think I have to contact London Records so I'm going to figure out how I can get in touch with them.

“Patience and Prudence.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 25 Jan. 2019, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patience_and_Prudence.

No comments:

Post a Comment