Friday, March 1, 2019

Improving our story

Me and my group, Joanne and Kylie, were struggling to come up with a solid idea and I think that's because we didn't have a concrete message that our short film will lead up to. We weren't sure how we would clearly portray the doll moving and we needed ideas on how to show that the doll is an actual person. Today we met with other groups to help us improve our projects and stories and I think it helped my group a lot. The group that I was with told me that they like our idea, but that we need to realize that our film is only 5 minutes so we have to think of how to fit everything in our time limit. The group also told me that we need a lot of scenes that portray the girl being really lonely and how she's very close with the doll. They told me that the plot twist should be subtle, but subtle enough for the audience to understand that the doll is actually a girl that the main character kidnapped, and I think we can think of really cool ways to reveal the plot twist. The group also told me that the plot twist should just involve revealing that the doll is a girl and it shouldn't be that the main character destroys the doll and as a result kills the girl who's being held captive.

 Joanne, Kylie, and I thought that it would be a good idea to hear sounds throughout the house when the main character thinks the doll is haunted, because that can be a subtle hint that there's an actual person in the house and we also decided that our message is that loneliness can drive people to do crazy things. We also want to do POV shots of the doll because that acts as another hint that the doll is an actual person. Joanne found out that the latin word for doll is Pupa so we're probably going to use that as our title and I really like that title. I'm really exciting to start our storyboard and plan out the shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment