Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Our Idea

My group and I finally came up with a solid idea for our short film and I really like the idea so far. We decided to give our film a really huge plot twist. Our story is going to be about a lonely girl who finds comfort in a doll she's had since she was a young girl and she always has the doll close with her. The girl then notices that the doll isn't in the place she left it and it's being misplaced, so we're gonna make it look like the doll is haunted. Our plot twist is going to be that the doll ends up being a girl that our main character has been holding hostage. I think it would be a good idea to have our main character eventually destroy the doll, but in reality she is actually killing the girl that she's been holding hostage. I think we can show this without having to actually show a dead body, we can show close ups of blood and maybe a hand or leg covered in it. I think we're going to leave subtle hints throughout the film that indicate that the main character is holding someone hostage.

I think we can show the subtle hints by having rope in the background of a scene or filming a shot of a door with a lock on it. An obstacle that we have for this is getting a doll for the film. We're probably going to have to buy a doll because none of us have creepy looking dolls, but we might go to good will to look for one. The movie May kind of inspired me for this idea because it's about a girl who can't seem to find any true friends so she considers a doll her mom gave her to be her one true friend and eventually she recreates the doll in a very sinister way. I really like our idea and I'm excited to develop our story more.

No comments:

Post a Comment