Thursday, February 21, 2019

New portfolio project!

I can't believe I'm already doing another portfolio project for my AICE Media Studies class! It feels like just yesterday that I was starting my portfolio for the AS level of the class, but I'm super excited to start this one. For my senior year of high school I decided to take A level of media studies because I enjoyed AS level a lot and I know this class is gonna be super beneficial for my future career in film/media production. So far I've really enjoyed A level and I think my teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, is preparing me for the courses that I'm going to be taking in college. 

Awhile ago my class chose what option we wanted to do for the project and if we wanted to be in groups. I decided to be in a group and we chose to do a short film, and I'm super excited to film it. My partners are Kylie and Joanne and we've been thinking about what genre we want to do for our short film. I know that I want to do a thriller or horror short film and I'm pretty sure my partners are on board with that decision. My entire class knows I love horror movies so this isn't a surprise to my partners, but I know I could make our short film really good if we chose a dark genre. I've been thinking about plots for our short film and many of the movies I've watched last year and this year have inspired me. I would love to make something like the movie Hereditary because that film was a horror movie but it was done in such a unique way and it wasn't like any other horror movie I've ever seen. I also recently re watched the movies Zodiac and Nightcrawler and those movies have awakened my interest in criminology, so I would love to make the short film a crime story. I'm going to keep brainstorming, but I know I'll come up with something good!





No comments:

Post a Comment