Thursday, March 21, 2019

Song rights

I had been struggling to find exactly who the song "Tonight You Belong To Me" was owned by, so today in class Joanne and I researched about the song and we think we found the label that owns it. The label is called Universal Music UK and luckily their contact information was easy to access on the website. We wrote and email and made sure to let them know that we are not using the song for profit and that it is just for our school project. I really hope that this is the actual label that owns the song and that they can help us get permission to use it. Below is the email that we sent to them.

Hello, my name is Taylor Wolf and I am a senior at Cypress Bay High School. I am currently in the process of creating a short film for my AICE Media Studies class. This project is worth half of my Cambridge final exam grade. I am interested in receiving permission to use the song “Tonight You Belong To Me” by Patience and Prudence. I would like for it to be played as the background music for my short film. I want to make it clear, that I will not be making profit off of this and it is purely for educational purposes. I will make sure to credit your label if given permission to use the song. The song would be in the background of our video, the video would be on our sample website and private YouTube page. Please contact me back when you have the opportunity. Thank you for you time.


- Taylor Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment